This agreement is between Holly Kiker of Holly Kiker Photography, referred to as the studio, and an independent contractor whose name appears above, referred to as the contractor.
1. Assignment: The contractor agrees to work as a second shooter, on a per wedding basis.
2. Independent Contractor: The contractor and the studio hereby specifically agree that the contractor is performing the services as an independent contractor and is not an employee of the studio. Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, as a guarantee of future employment or engagement, or as a limitation upon the studio’s sole discretion to terminate this agreement at any time without cause. The contractor further agrees to be responsible for all of contractor’s federal and state taxes, withholding, Social Security, insurance and all other benefits. The contractor shall have no claim against Holly Kiker Photography hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, or employee benefits of any kind.
3. Cards: The contractor agrees to hand over all memory cards before leaving the event. I will download the cards the next day and mail them back to the contractor. Or the contractor agrees to use cards belonging to Holly Kiker Photography.
4. Copyright: The contractor agrees the images are owned by the studio. The contractor agrees not to sell any image taken during a contracted event from the studio to any person, company, group, advertising agency or otherwise without the studio’s express written permission.
5. Usage: The studio grants the contractor permission to use the images taken during a contracted event for the contractor’s print portfolio, website or blog. All images used on the web must give full credit. It should include a “photographed for Holly Kiker Photography” statement with a link or tag in the first caption. The contractor must wait to use the images online until after the studio blogs the event, or 6 weeks, whichever comes first. Photos must not be used for paid advertising via the internet, social media, or print.
6. Client Interaction: The contractor may not Facebook friend or accept a friend request from a client or their wedding guests. The contractor cannot connect the client in any way for any reason without the permission of the studio.
7. Business Representation: The contractor is not permitted to promote his or her own business during the wedding. This includes networking with other vendors, only the studio's business information should be given out.
8. Confidentiality: The contractor understands that all materials, price lists, contracts, financial documents, agreements and other information or documents that are given to him/her in the scope of his/her assignments are the exclusive property of the studio and are privileged and confidential information. The contractor agrees not to reveal this information to anyone, nor to use this information to the detriment of the studio, including to circumvent or to undercut sales. The contractor agrees that all materials as described above must be returned to the studio at the end of this contract.
9. Liability: The contractor warrants that he/she will perform when booked for a photographic assignment and that he/she is liable for any loss or other financial liability suffered by the STUDIO due to failure to perform other than a documented medical emergency or an “Act of Nature.” The STUDIO is not liable for any loss or damage to the contractor’s equipment under this contract.
10. Equipment: The contractor is responsible for providing all of his/her own equipment with which to complete the assignments. The studio requires that weddings be photographed in RAW format and that all original digital files are relinquished to the studio upon completion of the contracted job.
11. Wedding Day Conduct: Contractor will dress professionally according to the event and will appear neat and clean. Contractor will not be late unless it is an act of God. The contractor will call the studio in the event of an emergency or delay.
12. Payment will be arranged on an individual basis for each contractor. Payment will be a base amount depending on experience and the assignment.